Author(s): Marion Miclet
Step behind the scenes to discover London through its most emblematic television incarnations, from Absolutely Fabulous to Sherlock, in this one-of-a-kind, innovative guide. Enter the corridors of power of Westminster with The Crown and House of Cards, travel back in time to see the iconic London landmarks of Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge and Call the Midwife, unveil the East End mysteries depicted in Luther and Ripper Street, visit hipster Hackney alongside Sharon and Rob from Catastrophe, shop The Avengers look in Soho, and hop aboard the Tardis with Doctor Who...
Countless films have been set in London, and it is also an incredibly popular backdrop for television series. The city's best-known landmarks, and many bars, restaurants, stores, parks--even entire neighborhoods--have become extremely familiar to TV viewers. So join us as we uncover these iconic locations and recommend new addresses inspired by the lifestyle of the most beloved fictional Londoners.
Easy to navigate, this travel guide is illustrated with exclusive maps and hundreds of photos. All of the chapters are constructed as original tours, organized by themes. It's all in here: the London you have come to love through the eyes of your favorite characters and the scary, funny, emotional, and unforgettable TV moments.
Wanna be the hero of your own adventure? Let our unmatched enthusiasm for London series be your guide.
BONUS: interactive maps accessible online
1. Royal London: Victoria and The Crown
2. City of period dramas: Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge, Call the Midwife, Howards End
3. Gothic London: Penny Dreadful, The Frankenstein Chronicles, Taboo, Ripper Street, Whitechapel
4. Urban crime dramas: Sherlock and Luther
5. The powers that be: House of Cards, The Thick of It, Spooks, London Spy, Killing Eve
6. Futuristic London: Doctor Who and Black Mirror
7. Love, actually: Catastrophe, Fleabag, Motherland
8. Quintessentially funny: Mr. Bean, The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd, Extras, Outnumbered
9. The special relationship The Avengers, Fools and Horses, Absolutely Fabulous
10. Bonus: Christmas Specials
ABOUT THE BINGE WATCHING COLLECTION
The Binge Watching collection takes you on an exploration of a city through its most emblematic TV series. The unassuming supporting character is the iconic location where compelling shows are set. Discover the essence of New York, London, Los Angeles or Chicago, as depicted in the golden age of television. The books are organized by chapters focusing on major TV shows, neighborhoods and themes, with an introduction to the sociocultural significance of the area portrayed on the small screen. They present a guided tour of must-see filming locations and personalized recommendations to get acquainted with the lifestyle of your favorite characters. With the passion of a fan and the eye of an anthropologist, the author accompanies you behind the scenes to deliver an informative, entertaining, interactive, and unique visit to a place that is so much more than a backdrop.
Binge Watching New York
Binge Watching Los Angeles
Binge Watching New Orleans