The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this chic and cultured city.
Explore the beautiful streets of Old Madrid and the city's Royal Palace, visit the famous Museo del Prado and Museo Reina SofYa, or venture beyond Madrid to the Roman cities of Toledo and Segovia-everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Madrid with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Madrid-
- Over 15 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a map of Madrid's Metro, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makesit easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive toursand itineraries of Madrid, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the insideof Palacio Real, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza and Museo LBzaro Galdiano
- Colour photographsof Madrid's theatres, museums, churches, monuments, and more City maps of Madrid as well as Segovia and Toledo
- Historical and culturalcontext gives you a richer travel experience- learn about the famous people of Madrid, plus the history, festivals, and climate of Madrid
- Experience the culturewith features on Madrid's best museums and galleries, tabernas and architecture
- CoversOld Madrid, Bourbon Madrid, Around La Castellana, Further Afield and Beyond Madrid, including Segovia and Toledo
- Essential travel tips- our expert choices of where to stay, shop, sightsee, plus useful phrases, domestic travel advice and health information
Travelling around the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Spain