The Last Straw: Kids vs. Plastics
Author(s): Susan Hood; Christiane Engel (Illustrator)
Thoughtful and thought-provoking, this book will plant the seeds of environmental activism in young readers. --Kirkus (starred review)
"I encourage everyone to read this book." --Dr. Jane Goodall
There's no doubt about it--plastic is in almost everything. From our phones and computers to our toys and utensils, plastic is everywhere. But the amount of plastic we throw away is hurting the health of our planet.
With The Last Straw: Kids vs. Plastics, readers will be fascinated as they learn about the growing plastic problem and meet just a few of the young activists who are standing up and speaking out for change.
- You'll hear about the "Be Straw Free" campaign, started by nine-year-old Milo Cress.
- You'll discover how scientists are using jellyfish snot and munching, crunching caterpillars to break down plastic pollution faster.
- You'll meet X chitl Guadalupe Cruz L pez, the eight-year-old girl turning old plastic bottles into solar heaters.
And there are many more incredible kids here, not much older than our readers, who will inspire us all to change the way we think about plastic
With an introduction from Milo Cress and bright, colorful illustrations from Christiane Engel, this collection of brilliant, lyrical nonfiction poems by award-winning author Susan Hood highlights the threat of plastic and the kids who are fighting for change to save our planet. Includes extensive backmatter with a timeline, author's note, further resources, and more.
- : 9780062981394
- : HarperCollins Publishers
- : HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- : 0.471736
- : February 2021
- : .25 Inches X 8.5 Inches X 11 Inches
- : books
- : Susan Hood; Christiane Engel (Illustrator)
- : Hardback
- : English
- : 48