Author(s): Tom Whipple
Are you fed up losing at family board game nights? Do you want to learn how to destroy the competition?
Get the inside tips from preposterously overqualified experts on how to win a range of common family games, board games and more.
* A mime artist tells you how to do the best charades
* A mathematician tells you how to win Connect 4
* A professional racing driver tells you how to take corners in Scalextric
* A Scrabble champion reveals his secrets
* A game theorist tells you what properties to buy in Monopoly in order to bankrupt and embarrass your competitors.
This is a must read for anyone who takes games too seriously and for bad losers everywhere.
Discover the real ways to win every game imaginable!
"It sounds utterly brilliant" -- Editor's Choice The Bookseller
Tom Whipple is the science editor at The Times, and a bad loser. His has spent countless hours phoning experts and distilling their knowledge - normally about rather more serious subjects than games. He has also been a feature writer for Times2 - and still writes freelance features for the Economist Intelligent Life among other magazines. His wife has stopped playing Scrabble with him because, she claims, he is the sort of person who learns all the two letter words without knowing their meaning. To which he replies - such accusations are terrible qi.