Author(s): Tommy Greenwald
Lights! Camera! Action! Here are a few things you need to know about Pete Milano:
- He's the class clown. What's the point of having friends if you can't make them laugh, right?
- His family owns the best Italian restaurant in town. Pizza anyone? Yum.
- He's always getting in trouble. It's not like he means to get in trouble, trouble just finds him. (Like all the time.)
- He thinks books are only worth reading if they have pictures. Lots of pictures. That's why he drew extra pictures in here.
- He can't tell a lie. Ever. Even if he wanted to.
- And last, but not least - he's about to become famous - big time famous - because he just got asked to audition for the hottest new movie. But does becoming famous mean losing all your friends?
. . . fans of Charlie Joe Jackson's world will enjoy getting to spend more time with these characters. "School Library Journal on Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It)" Fans of the Charlie Joe Jackson series will enjoy the evolving changes in Charlie Joe and Katie's friendship. With wit and perception, Greenwald reminds readers that there is communication beyond their electronics. "Kirkus Reviews on Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It)" In author Tommy Greenwald's raucous debut this comedy of comeuppance shows its true colors, and, irony of ironies, is impossible to put down! "Disney's Family Fun on Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading" A perfect book for the non-reader or reluctant reader in your life...Laugh-out-loud funny, clever, and relevant, I believe Tommy Greenwald has written a book that will appeal to kids of all reading tastes. "ReadKiddoRead.com on Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading" Fans of Joey Pigza and Big Nate will find a lot to love here. . . A series that improves with each offering. "Kirkus Reviews on Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation" A great read for reluctant readers or readers just looking for a little harmless fun. "Booklist on Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Summer Vacation" A cautionary tale the whole family will find amusing and enlightening. "Kirkus Reviews on Jack Strong Takes a Stand" Readily accessible to reluctant readers, but this is sure to entice a wide range of kids, who may just want to stage standoffs themselves. "Booklist on Jack Strong Takes a Stand" Greenwald successfully melds plot and character surprises to engage youngsters and brings the story to an emotionally satisfying conclusion. Both avid and reluctant readers will enjoy meeting Jack Strong. "School Library Journal on Jack Strong Takes a Stand""
Tommy Greenwald is the author of the Charlie Joe Jackson series, as well as "Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting!"; "Jack Strong Takes a Stand"; and now "Pete Milano's Guide to Being a Movie Star." He loves going to the movies, where is favorite snack is popcorn and Raisinettes mixed together.