Author(s): Lonely Planet Publications Staff; Sara Benson; Alison Bing; Beth Kohn; John A. Vlahides
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, explore San Francisco, Napa Valley and Sonoma County, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road
Inside Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers San Francisco, San Francisco Bay Area, Marin County, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Russian River, Bohemian Highway and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips is perfect for exploring the San Francisco Bay Area in the classic American way - by road trip
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet San Francisco for a comprehensive look at all the city hasto offer, Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guidefocused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely PlanetCalifornia, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
- For more US road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet's Road Tripsguides toRoute 66 andPacific Coast Highwaysand Lonely Planet's Best Trips guidestoCalifornia, New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of the USA's Best Road Trips' with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's Road Trips guides to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Normandy & D-Day Beaches, and Provence & Southeast France and Lonely Planet's Best Trips guidesto Italy, France, and Ireland for some European road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.